California is a place of diversity and beautiful landscapes. It has gained international admiration for its beaches, mountains and businesses. Living in the United States, let alone California, is a dream of many. However some interesting facts about California open the mystery book and make us admire the country even more.
Read this before buying a house in California.
- The first Motion picture only theater was built in Los Angeles in California in the year 1902. They charged only 10 cents per ticket to watch a movie.
Want to buy a house in California? Property Twins can help you navigate from start to finish!
- The youngest African American woman who finished a transcontinental flight transverse the USA from LA to Newport News in Virginia is from Compton, California. She achieved this milestone in 2009 when she was just 15 years old. Her name is Kimberly Anyadike.
- The “Avocado Capital of the World” is situated in California. The Fallbrook Village in San Diego grows 90% of the nation’s avocados and is also addressed as the Avocado Heaven. In addition to the title, Fallbrook Village also hosts an annual celebration known as the Avocado Festival. Buy a house in California and witness the performances, have a beer and relish with the captivating music!
- Do you know Steve Jobs had a hatred towards license plates? Apparently he never used license plates on his cars. How is this information related to buying a house in California? He was from California and used to lease a brand new Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG every six months. A law in California permits a 6-month grace period before the car requires a license plate.
- Jim Arrington, the world’s eldest bodybuilder, was born in 1932 and has been into his bodybuilding passion since he was 15 years old. Still going strong for 70+ years, he is originally from Venice, California.
- The World’s oldest sailing ship is accommodated in San Diego, California. Known as the beautiful star of India, the boat has been in service since 1863 and the routine maintenance practices have kept it going strong at 158 years. The naval architecture of the ship meets the US Coast guard requirements.
- California is the record holder of the largest migration that took place in the USA. Three million new locals got added to the population of California between April 1940 and July 1947. No wonder California’s beauty attracted people in the past too, buy a house in California, and when you live here you’ll see it for yourself!
- California ranks first in being the tourist destination that attracts a large number of tourists every year. By the late 1990s, approximately 5 million tourists visited California every year, helping it generate $75 billion each year.
- The first message from the internet was sent from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in the year 1969. The text sent was “Lo”, which was meant to be “Login” as the system crashed midway.
- California might be the 3rd largest state in the USA; it ranks 1st in the population count. Even Canada, which is 25 times greater than California, has fewer population counts. Indeed, California is the favorite place to live for a significant chunk of people!
Property Twins provides various services like Buying, Selling, Remodeling, Rebuilding and Renovating your property. If you want to buy a home in Santa Clara County or Silicon Valley, we’ll be there to give a hand and lead you forward!